Twenty-four of the 34 Missouri state senators accepted more than $1,000 worth of gifts from lobbyists during 2007, according to documents filed with the Missouri Ethics Commission.
The 2007 Turner Report Hall of Shame for the Senate features seven Democrats and three Republicans, led by Sen. Maida Coleman, D-St. Louis, who collected $5,115.87, nearly $1,000 more than her closest competitor, Chuck Graham, D-Columbia, at $4,128.66.
The top Republican, finishing with $2,793.53 in gifts was Luann Ridgeway, R-Smithville.
The rest of the top 10 were:
4. Ryan McKenna, D-Crystal City, $2,741.63
5. Jeff Smith, D-St. Louis, $2,359.29
6.John Griesheimer, R-Washington, $2,352.78
7. Chris Koster, D-Harrisonville, $2,175.28
8. Rob Mayer, R-Dexter, $2,165.01
9. Wes Shoemyer, D-Monroe County, $2,107.97
10. Rita Days, D-St. Louis, $2,100.71
Southwest Missouri senators thankfully failed to make the list with Gary Nodler, R-Joplin, finishing 16th at $1,570.13.